The Enviro Council interviewed our hard working caretaker.
*What is your main job? Putting out the rubbish bins and collecting them
at the end of the day. Everything else is taken care around this job- for example fixing gutters, putting on safety matting, building classroom furniture, fixing toilets.
*What's your favourite part? I can be my own boss. I make a lot of decisions.
I can be creative.
*Why did you choose Hilltop? I worked at an Auckland school for 13 years. When I came to Taupo I was going to do something else but a job came up here that looked suitable.I work 5 hours a day for 5 days a week.
* Why did you choose to be a caretaker? When my children were small I was the caregiver and when they were older I started a job where I was on the board of trustees.
*What is the hardest part? When the pupils don't respect the property.